Part-Time Delivery Truck Driver
OHAAT is looking for a part-time delivery truck driver to transport beds and bedding from OHAAT’s storage facility in Huntingdon Valley to the homes of Beds for Kids program recipients living throughout Greater Philadelphia.
Location: Huntingdon Valley, PA 19006
Work Schedule: Saturdays from 12PM to 4PM (Important Note: Regular attendance and punctuality is essential to our organization and this position)
Compensation: $15 per hour
- Prepares inventory for deliveries as needed
- Transports beds and bedding from OHAAT’s storage facility in Huntingdon Valley to homes in Greater Philadelphia; loads and unloads OHAAT’s truck
- Operates OHAAT’s truck according to safe driving practices and follows all traffic laws
- Lifts up to 50 pounds using safe and effective loading and unloading techniques
- Completes necessary paperwork
- Assures proper maintenance and cleanliness of truck; fills with fuel as needed
- Communicates respectfully with people regardless of age, race, gender, religion, color, national origin, marital status, the presence of any physical, sensory, or mental disability, sexual orientation, political ideology, gender identity, military status, genetic information, or any other expression of diversity
- Maintains a professional and positive working relationship with clients, vendors, volunteers, donors, and fellow staff
- Must be able to lift 50 pounds on a regular basis
- Work is primarily performed with a 16-foot box truck at OHAAT’s storage facility in Huntingdon Valley and at delivery sites; employee is subject to traffic hazards and potentially unsafe or difficult driving conditions
- Work involves standing, walking, stooping, lifting heavy objects, talking, reaching, sitting, bending, kneeling, climbing, grasping, hearing, using hands to handle, feel or operate objects, and reaching with hands and arms
- Vision abilities required by this job include close vision and the ability to adjust focus
- One-year experience driving a delivery truck or similar vehicle
- Valid Pennsylvania or New Jersey Driver’s license with proof of good driving record
- Reliable personal transportation and proof of current personal auto liability insurance
- Must pass a PA criminal background check, a PA child abuse history clearance, and an FBI fingerprinting / background check
To apply for this position, send a resume or letter of interest to firstname.lastname@example.org.
OHAAT is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer that does not discriminate against any associate or applicant on the basis of age, race, gender, religion, color, national origin, marital status, the presence of any physical, sensory, or mental disability, sexual orientation, political ideology, gender identity, military status, genetic information, or other basis protected by law.